• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do I use Mash thickness percentage to adjust water

rcrabb22

Apprentice
Reaction score
In BS 1.4 you could adjust mash thickness % and it would adjust the water, or adjust the water and it would calculate thickness.  In BS 2, I cannot adjust mash thickness %, only water amount and it then the software calculates mash thickness.   I want to adjust thickness % and let BS figure out water amount.  Is this possible?

I have a related question:  How can I adjust the Water/Grain ratio?  As a batch sparger, I adjust the W/G ratio with each batch to ensure equal runnings.  It seems that I only adjust the water amount - which is the OP's question.

Thanks,
Glenn

Yep, I am not liking the fact I can't adjust based on water/grain ratio.  Mash Water needs to be controllable by both/either manually inputting numbers into "water to add" or by manually inputting numbers in "water/grain ratio".  It would also be nice to manually input a sparge water volume and it adjust the first two mentioned information boxes based on that.  It would even be nice if it could split into two wanted volumes if doing a batch sparge, or a single volume needed/wanted for fly sparge.

Hi,
  Adjusting the mash water will adjust the water to grain ratio (they are equivalent fields - one is calculated from the other), but I will certainly add an adjustable water/grain ratio to my list of things to add for a future update.

I agree it needs to be added back in.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  Adjusting the mash water will adjust the water to grain ratio (they are equivalent fields - one is calculated from the other), but I will certainly add an adjustable water/grain ratio to my list of things to add for a future update.

I agree it needs to be added back in.

Brad

Thanks Brad.  Loving BS2!

Back