Author Topic: How do I use Mash thickness percentage to adjust water  (Read 4818 times)

Offline rcrabb22

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
How do I use Mash thickness percentage to adjust water
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:29:01 AM »
In BS 1.4 you could adjust mash thickness % and it would adjust the water, or adjust the water and it would calculate thickness.  In BS 2, I cannot adjust mash thickness %, only water amount and it then the software calculates mash thickness.   I want to adjust thickness % and let BS figure out water amount.  Is this possible?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:03:05 AM by rcrabb22 »

Offline SkiWithG

Re: How do I use Mash thickness percentage to adjust water
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
I have a related question:  How can I adjust the Water/Grain ratio?  As a batch sparger, I adjust the W/G ratio with each batch to ensure equal runnings.  It seems that I only adjust the water amount - which is the OP's question.

Thanks,
Glenn

Offline wortmonger

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »
Yep, I am not liking the fact I can't adjust based on water/grain ratio.  Mash Water needs to be controllable by both/either manually inputting numbers into "water to add" or by manually inputting numbers in "water/grain ratio".  It would also be nice to manually input a sparge water volume and it adjust the first two mentioned information boxes based on that.  It would even be nice if it could split into two wanted volumes if doing a batch sparge, or a single volume needed/wanted for fly sparge.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »
Hi,
  Adjusting the mash water will adjust the water to grain ratio (they are equivalent fields - one is calculated from the other), but I will certainly add an adjustable water/grain ratio to my list of things to add for a future update.

I agree it needs to be added back in.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline SkiWithG

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
Hi,
  Adjusting the mash water will adjust the water to grain ratio (they are equivalent fields - one is calculated from the other), but I will certainly add an adjustable water/grain ratio to my list of things to add for a future update.

I agree it needs to be added back in.

Brad

Thanks Brad.  Loving BS2!

modification