Author Topic: Can't paste text into recipe notes  (Read 4615 times)

Offline jkeske

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Can't paste text into recipe notes
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »
I'd like to be able to paste text into the notes section of a recipe.  For example, pasting an original recipe copied from a website or copying a section of notes from 1 recipe to another. I know for certain that this worked in beesmith 1 and I could have sworn it used to work in 2, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work currently.  I've tried right clicking and using shortcuts (ctrl+p)

The copying works fine- I can copy from the notes section and paste into notepad, word etc. but the paste into BS just doesn't work

any suggestions?

Offline glienhard

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • He was a wise man who invented beer. - Plato
Re: Can't paste text into recipe notes
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
In many earlier versions of BeerSmith the keyboard shortcuts had some issues, but I believe that I have always been able to copy and paste into the notes areas.  Remember that the keyboard shortcut for copy is ctrl+c and the shortcut for paste is ctrl+v.  The shortcut you referenced using (ctrl+p) is the shortcut for print.  Make sure you are running the latest version and give it a try again.

Offline jkeske

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »
sorry I mis-typed when I said ctrl+p.  I am using ctrl+c and ctrl+v for cut and paste.  I have also tried right clicking and using the commands there. In each case the  copy function works as expected (verified by copying from beer smith into other programs) but I still can't paste into beersmith.

I am running v 2.0.65 on windows 7
Also I have opened my old copy of beersmith version 1 and verified that I can paste there.  Not sure what is going on

Offline jkeske

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »
I've attached a screenshot.

Offline glienhard

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »
Hmmmmm, that is really weird.  I had never tried to copy and paste from one note box to the other....so I just tested.  I just did a simple "test test" and was able to copy/paste using both the keyboard shortcuts and using the right click menu.  I also tested and can paste from external programs into each box.  I am running Win7 32bit and BeerSmith 2.0.65.  Are you running a 64bit OS?  Also have you tried just uninstalling and reinstalling?  Make sure you make a copy of your BeerSmith2 folder if you try this.  Maybe something got fouled up in one of the updates.  Just a couple thoughts.

Offline jkeske

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
thanks for the advice but its still not working.  I am running windows 7 64 bit.  I tried removing and reinstalled beersmith but it didn't make any difference

And just another note.  I can copy and paste other items within beersmith (e.g., recipes, ingredients, etc.) Its just the text boxes that don't work
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:19:34 PM by jkeske »

Offline glienhard

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »
It might be a bug between a 64bit OS and the program.