• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

recipe transfer between computers?

JJFlash

Apprentice
Reaction score
How do I transfer my beer recipes between two desk top computers?
I have been designing my recipes at my home desk computer with BeerSmith.
I brew in my seperate RV garage and have just added a desktop computer there, and downloaded another copy of BeerSmith.
I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer a recipe I designed yesterday in the house, to the brewhouse (RV garage) for brewday.
Really don't want to use cloud, rather just load to a flash drive for a transfer.
Is this possible?
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
JJ

This is one of the biggest reasons the cloud was designed.  There are a lot of forum discussions around this topic of sharing recipes between computers.  You could kinda do it if the computers could talk to each other and have a central repository, but there are still risks of inaccessibility and corruption.  You could save/export the recipe to a file and save that file to a flash drive, but you would have to do the same thing from your brew computer in order to see any changes you made during brewing.

Just got done with the recipe transfer using Cloud - and it went perfect.
Took only couple minutes to transfer to Cloud and then transfer to My Recipes on the second computer.
Kept the recipes private as they are still works in progress.
Don't know why I was so hesitant to use Cloud.
As glienhard said - that's exactly what it is there for!

Back