• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

License Keys, Windows 7 multiple users

tom_hampton

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brad-

I installed BS2.1 on my laptop for use during the brewday (sharing the recipes over the cloud).  A few weeks ago, I installed it and activated it while logged into my Wife's account.  Yesterday, I tried to use it from my account and it wanted me to activate it. 

So, is activation on a Windows 7 computer user specific? 

I knew it was limited to two computers (which is fine)...but, was surprised by the activation "per user".

Hi,
  The user data and activation is user specific - only because most users found it easier to have their data in their Documents directory for easy backup.  If I stored it centrally in a shared user store it would be much more difficult for the average user to access or back up their files.

You can activate it more than once on a single computer (i.e. from multiple accounts) - it won't count against your total activations.

Brad

Back