• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Lite now on iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle Fire

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
The iPhone/iPad version was just released and joins the Android versions:
  http://beersmith.com/beersmith-lite-home-brewing-app-for-iphone-ipad-and-android/

Cheers,
Brad

Just purchased for the iPad, cant wait to use it tomorrow!  Looks great!

Enhancement Request
Under Tools add a Dilution Calculator and a Boil off calculator.

Thanks,

Feature request:
Just got BeerSmith Lite for Iphone.  So far it's great!  I would love a way to record brew day notes and key measurements within the app.  Thanks for the great software!!
Brandon

If I purchase this app for iPhone will it also show up on my iPad or is that 2 separate purchases? 

I believe if you purchase it for the iPhone it will work on both.  The app is designed for both.

Brad

For iPhone 5 users - I've finished the update for the larger screen and will have it submitted to the apple store next week for release a week or two after that.

Also included a fix for both iPhone and Android fix that will correct issue where BeerSmith is occasionally being pushed out of memory in the background while the timer is running.  While I can't keep it from being pushed out of memory, the fix retains the state of the timer so it displays the correct elapsed time when you resume.  Also the timer notifications are still displayed even if it is pushed out of memory (actually the notifications are retained even in the current version, but just wanted to make that point in case anyone wonders).

Brad

having problems loggin in on the I-pad , using my cloud login screen
it say to use the same Beer Recipes account
I can login to beerrecipes account just not with I-pad
any help ?

Not sure if this will help - I had one person with exactly this problem last night.  After going back and forth several times he finally deleted the app completely from his phone and then reinstalled it from the app store and it then worked perfectly.

Brad

Is it possible for Beersmith Lite on Android to access recipes backed up to dropbox and/or Beersmith Cloud?

Not related to cloud, if I were to push a recipe from my pc to my phone over usb, which directory and / or file type should I use?

Hi,
  I don't have an automatic backup, though the Cloud recipes are obviously stored online.  On the iPhone/iPad I believe they get included as part of your Apple cloud storage.

On the Android the directory to back up for local recipes is Android/data/com.beersmith2lite/  (the recipes are under files there, though they are not in a standard format).

Brad

BeerSmith said:
I believe if you purchase it for the iPhone it will work on both.  The app is designed for both.

Brad

The iPhone version will work on both but the App is not a combined iPhone/iPad app. I really wish it was so I wouldn't have to purchase two versions.

Hi Brad,

Just want to first thank you for the BeerSmith 2 program. It certainly has improved my ability to make better beer on a repeatable basis.

I've just used the Android app for the first time this morning. It worked very well with no issues.

Feature request: I would like to see the ability to run two timers at the same time. I normally brew two batches on brew day. I normally start a new batch mashing while I'm in the last 30 minutes of the previous batch's boil. Being able to run two batches simultaneously would be great.  :)

Thanks,
  I'm trying to finish the full recipe editing first but two timers would be nice.

Brad

Any chance you'll add support for WP8 and Win8/RT in the future? New to BeerSmith, and it seems to be excatly what I'm looking for, however I'm migrating over to windows from android, so a lite/client version on my surface/phone communicating with BeerSmith on my computer would be awesome during brewing.

can I copy my recipes in BSMX format or BEER.xml format to the Android/data/com.beersmith2lite/ and access them in the app?

I recently purchased Beersmith Lite for my Samsung Tablet. Most of the time it works well, however occasionally it comes up with an error "Unlicensed copy - please purchase a legal copy through the Android Store!" and then has an "ok" button which closes it.

Usually when this happens I can clear the cache and it works again. Sometimes I need to reinstall it or at least clear the data. Now nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else had this problem?

Hi,
  That looks like a problem with Google Play licensing.  Unfortunately I have limited control over their licensing system.  My program does ask the Google server periodically to verify the license, but the mechanics of the license checking are implemented by the Google Play store.

I'm not sure why but I've had a rash of complaints in the last week. I think it might be a problem on the Google license server (hopefully just a temporary problem).

I've not changed anything on the BeerSmith code.

Brad

Back