BeerSmith 2 Release Notes
BeerSmith 2.1.02 is the latest release!
- Check Help->About to display the which version you are currently running
- You can always visit the download page to get the latest version.
Changes in BeerSmith Build 2.1.02
- Added support for BeerSmithRecipes.com cloud folder under View->Cloud in the program. The new cloud service lets you share recipes across machines via a shared cloud folder, and publish them to our BeerSmithRecipes.com web site where you can also find hundreds (to thousands) of recipes.
- Added a brewday timer which lets you time your steep, mash and boil steps when brewing. It can be located by opening any recipe and looking for the Timer tab at the top of the recipe (where Design, Mash, Ferment buttons are).
- Added a new command for Pro Brewers (only available from the File menu) to save the current report as a CSV file that can be imported into spreadsheets. This is useful for capturing inventory, keeping a list of recipes, editing lists, etc. Go to the File menu (menu item only) and look for “Save Report as CSV”
Changes for Build 2.0.65 (also includes fixes from Build 2.0.64 and earlier).
- Finalized fixes from Build 2.0.64
- Corrected “tab key” issue on dialogs in Linux/Ubuntu – tab keys now move between fields correctly
- Corrected file export on Linux/Ubuntu
- Created separate version control files for each different build (PC, Mac, Linux) to facilitate better control over specific fixes for individual platforms.
Changes for Build 2.0.64 (beta) – Available on the Discussion Forum
- Autosave default changed back to 8 minutes, and also is now a configurable option under the options dialog. This should help those experiencing long autosaves (delays) when using the program.
- Backups added for Options files to prevent corruption of options/loss of key information
- Corrected error where post-boil sugars were being included in mash efficiency calculations
- Moved to slightly smaller button titles for the open recipe tabs to accommodate smaller screens.
- Corrected dates on calendar – previously it was rounding dates to one day earlier for March 2012 due to subtle timing issue across the leap year boundary
- Attempted to improve scrolling on dialog views – though still not perfect it is better than before
- Adjusted stir plate factor for yeast calculations – it now applies the stir plate factor (2.66 by default) to only the growth portion of the yeast for a more accurate calculation
- Corrected situation where program would “round” the numbers on some fields when a dialog was opened but the value was not changed.
- Corrected Linux export of files (previously files were shown as “not a valid type)
- Fixed Assert error that would show up when you clicked on the column past the column headers on the Mac build
- Corrected error where deleting a tree item from the list of folders would cause an Assert
- Corrected potential Yield assert on Mac when downloading add-ons
- Corrected text version of Brew Process report – which was missing aroma hop additions
- New tag added for custom reports $YEAST_NAME will generate the long name of the first fermentation yeast found in the recipe
- Fixed right click menu on data views – previously you could only display the right click menu if you right clicked on an item
Changes in Build 2.0.57
- Most significant correction is fix of a critical bug in the “Scale Recipe” command that was not filling the dialog with the correct boil volume when you scaled a recipe by selecting new equipment
- Added a progress animation when accessing add-ons from the internet
- Corrected bug in Mac 64 bit version where some help items from the Shortcut help menu were not working properly
Changes in Build 2.0.53/54
- Corrected a bug in the tab updating that was not correctly updating data that is on more than one recipe page (such as taste notes) across tabs.
- When selecting hops the hop form is now correctly carried over to your choice from the database (for leaf/plug hops in your hop database)
- Corrected a critical bug first reported on Mac (though evident on PC as well) that did not save some recipe equipment settings correctly if a recipe was opened, the equipment was changed and it was immediately closed. This was corrected on both platforms.
- Made minor updates to code to improve scrolling from recipe view via the scroll wheel.
Changes in Build 2.0.52
- First 64-bit Cocoa executable for the Macintosh – needed for better Lion support as well as eventually distributing on the Mac App store
- Fixed customization of columns to allow editing of all columns (including the first) and also properly refresh columns in views when multiple recipe folders are open at the same time
- Corrected occasional issues where button on Mac was remaining pressed/focused after mouse had moved off button
- Corrected themes to provide proper coloring for text on boxes, buttons, etc for better theme support
- Fixed previewing and printing of text reports on Mac version – they were previously displayed incorrectly in preview/printing
- Added $STEEP_INGREDIENTS tag to BrewProcess.txt report to capture steeped ingredients for extract recipes
- Improved error handling of corrupt XML files on reading to prevent crashes when loading mis-formatted files
- Corrected tab mouse handling on Mac – previous version missed some mouse clicks on the right side of the tabs
- Corrected recipe save button – which was added in build 51 – it was not saving changes after the first “save” was complete
- Corrected Undo for recipes – editing a single recipe in previous build would not “undo” correctly in some cases
- Corrected columns bug that caused crash on upgrade if user had a much earlier version without ingredient column settings
- Added preview pane commands (Preview pane on right, left, off) to menus and also ribbon
- Disabled “hide menu” option on Mac version in case user copied profiles/options over from PC with menu hidden
Changes in Build 2.0.51
- Corrected error in customize columns that removed first column when editing the columns shown
- Moved registration buttons above tips on tips screen to avoid confusion for first time users attempting to register
- Changed US barrel definition from standard barrel (31.5 gallons) to a beer barrel (31 gallons) to support microbreweries
- Added black color theme (high contrast) to support some users
- Changed timer for autosave to save more frequently to avoid data loss
- Added save button to allow you to save changes to a recipe without closing it
- Corrected bug where adjusting equipment profile for certain recipes was not being saved properly in some cases
- Made substantial additions to resource file and translation code to fully support non-English versions of BeerSmith by allowing virtually every label and button to be translated using tools available on the BeerSmith discussion forum.
Earlier Versions (Build 2.0.50 and earlier)