The Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) recently released an updated beer style guide for 2008. BJCP has become the most popular beer style guide for home brewing competition here in the United States. You can access the full BJCP style guide here.
The new 2008 BJCP style guide includes significant rework to many Belgian styles, revised commercial examples, updated color, OG and ABV calculations and minor changes to several styles.
The latest version of BeerSmith was just released and is available on our download page. The new release incorporates the new 2008 BJCP style guidelines as well as the complete Danish beer style guideline. You can set the style guide used from the “Brewing” page of the “Options” dialog (tools menu).
The 2008 BJCP Style information in BeerSmith consists of excerpts from the full style guide, and is excerpted with permission from the BJCP Style Guidelines, copyright 2008, Beer Judge Certification Program, Inc.
In addition, the latest BeerSmith release incorporates a new batch sparge option to generate “equal runnings” batches. Sparging with equal runnings generates optimal efficiency for batch spargers. The batch sparge mash profiles were all updated to use this new option. You can also do it manually by editing any mash profile and checking “Sparge using equal size batches” and unchecking “Drain the mash tun before starting…” in the Batch Sparge options section of any mash profile. The calculated batch sparge water amounts will be shown on your brewsheet.
- Get the Latest Version of BeerSmith – with new Batch Sparge options & 2008 Style Guide
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- New BJCP 2015 Style Guide Add-on Released for BeerSmith
- BJCP 2015 Cider and Mead Style Guide Add-ons Available for BeerSmith
- How to Batch Sparge: A Guide for Batch Sparging and No Sparge
- The 2015 BJCP Beer Style Guide with Gordon Strong – BeerSmith Podcast #104
- Parti-Gyle Brewing – Two Beers from One Mash Revisited
- New BeerSmith Desktop Add-ons – Hops, Yeast and GABF Style Guide
- BeerSmith Hops and Yeast Updates
- BeerSmith Mobile Brewing App – Preview for iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now