This week I talk with John Palmer, author of “How to Brew” which is the top selling Home Brewing book on Amazon. John is also co-host of Brew Strong on the Brewing Network and a popular speaker on home brewing. John shares with us how he got started brewing, how he wrote “How to Brew” as a free book on the internet and eventually (by going door-to-door) turned it into a successful home brewing book. We also chat about what his life is like as a beer brewing celebrity.
Download the MP3 File – Right Click and “Save As” to download this mp3 file
- Beer Author John Palmer, author the #1 beer brewing book on Amazon: “How to Brew” at HowToBrew.com
- How John got started brewing
- The genesis of his first book
- Guerilla marketing to get the book published
- His second book, “Brewing Classic Styles”
- His move to the Brewing Network with “Brew Strong”
- Life as a beer brewing celebrity
- Some brewing tips and techniques
- His next project…
Thanks again to John Palmer for taking the time out of his busy schedule to do this podcast! Also a huge thanks to John Forsythe of TheVoiceOfJohn.com who provided the voiceover at the beginning of the show.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Great News! We’ve been featured in the New and Notable podcasts on iTunes.
If you are not using iTunes, you can subscribe using this feed:
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- Irish Stout Recipes with John Palmer – BeerSmith Podcast 11
- Justin Crossley from The Brewing Network – BeerSmith Podcast 34
- Beer Brewing Water with John Palmer and Colin Kaminski – BeerSmith Podcast #70
- Beer Brewing Water with John Palmer – BeerSmith Podcast #60
- Brewing Yeast with John Palmer – BeerSmith Podcast #128
- John Palmer on Hops and Home Brewing – BeerSmith Podcast 46
- The BeerSmith Homebrewing Blog – Third Anniversary
- Chris White on Yeast and His New Book – BSHB Podcast #4
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now