This week I interview Dr Chris White, the founder of White Labs and coauthor of the new book “Yeast, The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation”. Chris covers a wide range of beer brewing topics including the life cycle of yeast, importance of yeast starters and temperature control, aeration and also says a few words about his new book. Thank you again to Dr Chris White for taking time out of his very busy schedule to do the interview.
Download the MP3 File – Right Click and “Save As” to download this mp3 file
Topics in This Week’s Episode (22:35)
- Dr Chris White, the founder of White Labs and co-author of the new book “Yeast the Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation”
- How Chris got started in homebrewing
- How he moved into creating his own yeast lab
- The fermentation cycle
- The importance of yeast starters and temperature control
- Aeration of your wort
- His new book on yeast
- An idea I’ve had about a potential live event
Thanks again to Chris White for taking time out of his busy schedule to participate in the podcast.
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Great News! We’ve been featured in the New and Notable podcasts on iTunes.
If you are not using iTunes, you can subscribe using this feed:
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- Yeast with Dr Chris White from White Labs – BeerSmith Podcast #86
- Beer Fermentation with Chris Graham – BeerSmith Podcast #91
- An Interview White Labs Yeast President Chris White
- Unlocking the Genetic Code of Brewing Yeast with Chris White – BeerSmith Podcast #131
- John Palmer – The Home Brewing Celebrity – BSHB Podcast Ep 3
- Brewing on a Budget with Chris Graham – BSHB Podcast 19
- Yeast Starters for Home Brewing Beer – Part 1
- Arctic Alchemy with Chris Bowen – BSHB Podcast Episode 1
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now