This week marks the third anniversary of the BeerSmith blog, which started on 14 Feb 2008. I thought I would mark the event by talking a bit about recent changes and also provide you a few of my favorite posts from the last year.
- Started up the BeerSmith email list last April, which now has well over 4,500 active subscribers (in addition to our 6000+ RSS subscribers)
- Quit my day job last July to focus on primarily on BeerSmith for the last 6 months
- Redesigned the BeerSmith blog in late September to give it a much cleaner look
- Launched the book Home Brewing with BeerSmith in late October – now in print on Amazon and the Kindle
- Started the BeerSmith podcast, which was featured in iTunes New and Notable
- Cleaned up the BrewPoll.com news site and gave it a fresh start
- The discussion forum continues to grow – now over 17,000 posts from 7,300 members
- The combined BeerSmith sites had over 1 million unique visitors in calendar year 2010
- I’m about to start testing on the next version of BeerSmith, which will be a available for PC and Mac in a few months
Some Notable Posts from Year 3
To mark the occasion, I thought I would include a few of my favorite posts/podcasts from the past year:
- Beer Bloggers and 365 Beers – Yes it was only episode 2, but this one made it to the front page of iTunes new/notable
- Five Ways to Save Money Brewing – A few ways to pinch pennies for the homebrewer
- Schwarzbier Recipes – German Black Beer – I’ve always been partial to darker beers
- Brewing Big – High Gravity Beers – Some thoughts on making the biggest beers
- Yeast Starters Part 1 (and Part 2) – More than I ever thought I would know about yeast viability and starters
- Brewing Fruit Beers (two parts) – How to mix beers and various fruits
- John Palmer – Home Brewing Celebrity – Podcast interview with the top brewing author John Palmer
- Russian and Imperial Stout Recipes – The “English” style of “Russian” Imperial Stout
- The BeerSmith Home Brewing book release – A collection of some of my best brewing articles in print
- Trappist Dubbel and Tripel Beer Recipes – Who does not love Belgian beer?
- Aluminum vs Stainless? Best Brewing Pots – This seemed to be an endless topic of discussion on many forums
It goes without saying that none of this would be possible without your continued support – both your direct financial support and also the tons of community support you all provide.
Thank you for continuing to support the BeerSmith Home Brewing Blog – and have a great week!
[Editors note on image: The cake is a lie!]
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- Russian Imperial Stout Recipes
- Baltic Porter Recipes – Beer Styles
- Sweet Stout and Milk Stout Recipes
- One Year of The BeerSmith Home Brewing Blog
- BeerSmith Ten Year Anniversary
- The BeerSmith Home Brewing Guide
- Irish Stout Recipes with John Palmer – BeerSmith Podcast 11
- John Palmer – The Home Brewing Celebrity – BSHB Podcast Ep 3
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now