I’m pleased to announce that the BJCP style guides for Mead and Cider are now available as add-ons in BeerSmith. A volunteer Tim Leber was kind enough to enter these and send them to me, so now everyone can use them in BeerSmith.
Installing the Style Guidelines
- First, if you don’t have it I strongly recommend installing the BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guideline addon as outlined here. If you have a recent BeerSmith install or already have the 2015 style guidelines this step is not needed.
- Go to File->Addons within the program and then (very important) click on the Add button. This will bring up a list of the add-ons you have not installed yet.
- Select the BJCP 2015 Mead Styles or the BJCP 2015 Cider Styles and click on the Install button to install each one.
- Check under Profiles->Style Guide to make sure they were installed properly.
- If you don’t see the 2015 style guides shown in Profiles->Style guide view you may need to go to Options->Brewing and set the style guide to display to be BJCP 2015
Finally – many of you will be happy to hear that I’m working on the 2.3 updates for BeerSmith mobile and have included an add-on feature in the upcoming version which will let you download ingredient, equipment and mash updates. I’m working hard to get it released in late November.
Now go out and make some mead or cider! Thanks for joining me on the BeerSmith Home Brewing Blog. You can grab a trial version of BeerSmith from BeerSmith.com. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter or my podcast for more great tips on homebrewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- New BJCP 2015 Style Guide Add-on Released for BeerSmith
- New BeerSmith Desktop Add-ons – Hops, Yeast and GABF Style Guide
- New BJCP 2008 Style Guide and BeerSmith Batch Sparging Release
- BeerSmith 2 Update Posted (Build 40)
- The 2015 BJCP Beer Style Guide with Gordon Strong – BeerSmith Podcast #104
- BeerSmith Fall Newsletter, Barley Crusher Sale, Ways to Support BeerSmith
- Five Quick BeerSmith 2 Home Brewing Software Tips
- BeerSmith Mobile and Lite Problems under IOS 9.0.1
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now