This week I invite Drew Beechum back to talk about the merits of homebrew clubs. Drew was president of the Maltose Falcons and is active in the American Homebrewers Association, and provides a unique perspective on what clubs have to offer to homebrewers.
Download the MP3 File – Right Click and “Save As” to download this mp3 file
I apologize for the quality of the video this week – the video connection was marginal for video when we recorded this session.
Topics in This Week’s Episode (34:44)
- Drew Beechum is my guest. Drew is the former President of the Maltose Falcons homebrew club and also the author of the Everything Homebrewing Book (Amazon affiliate link) and frequently an author for beer advocate.
- Our topic for this week is homebrew clubs and what they offer the average homebrewer.
- Drew talks about his experience joining and eventually running the Maltose Falcons homebrew club – one of the larger clubs here in the US.
- He shares what an average club offers to its members and also what a meeting might look like.
- Drew talks about education and training opportunities at the club
- We discuss homebrew competitions and what they add to a club.
- Drew explains how clubs are chartered and organized at the national level
- We talk about the importance of many local homebrew shops and the role they play in sponsoring clubs
- I ask Drew to tell us why a new homebrewer might want to attend his first club meeting.
Thanks to Drew Beechum for appearing on the show and also to you for listening!
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Great News! We’ve been featured in the New and Notable podcasts on iTunes.
If you are not using iTunes, you can subscribe using this feed:
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
You might also enjoy these articles:
- Single Malt and Single Hop (SMASH) with Drew Beechum – BeerSmith Podcast #51
- Baltic Porter and The Maltose Falcons – BeerSmith Podcast #78
- Multiplying Your Home Brewed Beer – BSHB Podcast #5
- Experimental Homebrewing with Drew and Denny – BeerSmith Podcast #90
- Brett and Sour Beer Brewing – BeerSmith Podcast #17
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now