• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What are you brewing next? ...official brewing log thread

I will be brewing an Irish Red this weekend.  I chair our local brew club and we highlight a style per month.  I am preparing for the March meeting..  I want to encourage our members to think and brew ahead.

I seem to be brewing backwards in that regard Rep.  But it is still fun to hear about other's plans.

Last Sat, I made a double batch of a slight mod of Fred Bonjours tubbel wit dubbel.  I split it on 3846 and 3789.  I hit the numbers dead on and am really excited about it.

I brewed a dubbel yesterday with Wye 1214 and it's bubbling nicely now.  It's cold here so it should be restrained. 

I just brewed a ESB and then a Imperial Simcoe IPA with safale o4.  i about a week or so Im going to be brewing up a scottish 80 and the a scotch ale on top of the yeast cake.

I am going to brew a British Style Ale
6 pds light liguid malt extract Malt extract will be add. late in boil 45 min.
2 pds Marris Otter Grain
1 pd 20 cyrstal grain
1 pd aromatic malt
1/2 pd torried wheat
ALL GRAINS WILL BE PARTIAL MASH
1.50 oz East Kent Golding (Boil ) 60 min
1/2 oz Fuggele 45 min
1/2 oz Fuggle 5 min
irish moss to clear
Wyeast XL Yeast London III
will aerate carboy

Any Thoughts ???? 

Whindhoek Lager from "Clone BRews"
but i was thinking oif doiing it with an ale yeast - i have never brewed laager....
any suggestions?

DOING A SMOKED DARK GINGER BEER
ROASTING MY OWN BARLEY AND GOING WITH LOW ALPHA FRESH HOPS MMMMMM GOOD ;)
[move]LIVE LARGE BREW BEER!!!!!![/move]

HELP
Hi everybody
I want to start this. My first question is, Is it possible to just boil the barley to turn the enzymes into sugar or do I have to sprout the barley.
                                                                            Phil

Phillip, When you buy the grain (barley-wheat) whatever, it is already sprouted (Malted). The enzymes are ready and waiting for you when you buy it. Find a good brew store locally or on the internet.

Iam brewing an american amber ale today, got an IPA in bottles, kinda like a two hearted, its about 6weeks old and just coming in to its own. the ipa I used a three hop addition of columbus and casscade, the amber i am going with a clusster and sazz hopps with 1lb munich 1/2 lb caramel and 1/4 lb amber for grains 6lbs dme sparkling  amber malt,planning on a 3gal boil. can increasing the boil size on a given recipe cause a o.g. to be higher than what is called for? to use an example I did a 3 gal boil on my last ipa and ended up with an o.g. of1.070and it called for a o.g.1.054. my f.g.was 1.022 and the beer was good, no complaints on taste, i was just curious about the batch size.

I am going to attempt the Anchor Steam clone in the Clone Brews book.

Did it a couple years ago and had some issues with this and that.

Only thing is, I notice that a lot of other Steam recipes call for Cascade Hop for the flavor hop.  The one I am using calls for Northern Brewer for bittering, flavor and aroma.

New on the forum.  Getting ready to do some searching...  ;)

Did anybody hear back from ShakeyDog? 

He was going to do 4 brews in one day! We live in the same area. We watched channel 13 news to see if there were any reports of a homebrewer needing medical assistance! :D

We even went down to the Maumee Brewing Company and had a Buckeye Beer waiting to see if someone struggled in looking for firstaid.  ;D

So how'd it go??? ???

5 gallons each of Passionfruit Mead for competition next year and then I'm going to try my hand as some Reindeer Madness barleywine. I'll likely dial down the hops on the barleywine from what the official recipe is though.

Finishing an Anchor Steam clone.

Did a Pete's Wicked clone, and bottled some with Cascade Hop and some with Cluster as an experiment.  First bottle of the cluster batch I opened did the impression of a volcano on me.  Thought - Dayum.  Must have just been that bottle.  A couple others I've tested have been much better behaved.  Did a Stout 2 weeks ago, and the first bottle did the same.  Next couple of them behaved.

Will take a break after I bottle the Anchor.  But, boy, once you get on a roll, you like to keep going.

'Toad

Today I am brewing an all grain Irish Red.  This is both a learning and "teaching experience for me as this is only my second batch of allgrain, so I am still working out my process and as crazy as I am I am having a bunch of people come to the house and watch/learn/participate, themselves. We will all be sampling the first batch of all grain wich was a Mild Ale, wich I must say turned out pretty good for a first attempt at allgrain ;D

Belgian Pale Ale.....a tricked-up AG kit and opportunity to test final tweak on March pump. 

I am new here, but I will tell you whats in store for the lizard king brewery.....

Just racked "zukermans famous dry hogged porter" to a keg (bacon porter) will find out in 2 wks what that one is like

next up for me will be....
Captin Jacks craisen old ale ( an old london ale recipe with rum soaked craisens added last week of secondary)

Peppercorn rye Bock ( pretty self explainatory, a rye bock with some peppercorns added in, not sure when have not decided yet?

no school like old school ale (found this old family recipe in a cook book, brewed with hopped extract (like pbr) some water sugar, and rice. done in a crock) I am going to go old school with this one just to see what it was like to brew in a crock and see what hb tasted like years ago. Probably not the greatest but I am willing to sacrafice great taste on this one just to say that I did it.

Im going to remake the IPA did a month ago "great things take time to create" :)

I brewed the "Saisoon Buffoon" from Radical Brewing last week.  A week in primary @ 80 degrees and it smells great.  Planning to brew my "Wingless Angel" tripel next week.

Ross

Back