• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What are you brewing next? ...official brewing log thread

My next batch is my first attempt to clone Young's double chocolate Stout. No doubt it won't be my last.

I really like trying new brews. On tap right now is a Robust Porter and a nut brown ale. Although I've made both before the Porter is good, but the brown, well it lacks "complexity". Am I the only one who struggles with consistency?

Brewed a Saison on Sunday 11/21.  Have a Special Bitter going into bottles tomorrow.

Have an American Style Brown Scheduled to brew on the 4th.

T-

Bo Pils, first time.

Going to attempt to use yeast from cake of bock that is four weeks in primary, also first time.

F/U:  Drank some Pilsner Urquell afterward, and could really identify the Saaz hops after smelling them all day. 

Saving the yeast from the bock primary and washing was not difficult either.  I should have done it in advance, but it still went well. 

Attachments

• 02B_BoPils.bsm
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
Just bottled a Porter and I have an American Pale 2 days into Primary at high krausen

I am looking for (working on) the next recipe which right now looks like a cross between a Scottish 80 and an Irish Red. 
So far it's been a different beer each time.  I have between 2-4 helpers with the brewing and consumption.  I have just about dialed in my process and we will start tweeking recipes to better understand the subtleties of different grains, hops & yeast.

Made a Dusseldorf Alt a couple of sessions ago that hope to be able to duplicate in the future.

Getting ready to brew,

Tilt Yer Kilt Scottish Ale.

I add brown sugar with this one and a bit more yeast to make it bigger and bolder.

I'm brewing at 7500 feet so I let it boil for at least 10 minutes longer.

I'm brewing 5 gallons of an Irish Red Ale from Brewing Classic styles right now.  I'm sparging. in 2 minutes, I'll vorlauff and begin my boil.

BSD

I've been brewing fruit ales for quite a while. I've recently become interested in making lagers. In the near future, I'm going to continue my interest in fruit beers with a blackberry/peach lager.

Dunkel.  2nd repitch of a lager yeast. 

Does anybody need any equipment for your brewery?
We are a professional brewery equipment manufacturer in China.
If you have any interest, pls do not hesitate to contact me and I will send you the best information about our equipment.
Pls contact me by : [email protected]
Best regards
James

Coconut/Chocolate Brown Porter

A lighter session style porter falling around 5%  Just a tad taste of coconut in the aroma and tad bit stronger sensation of chocolate in the body of the beer.  Brewery fires up Sunday morning!  ;D

Belgian Dark Strong with Wye 1762 Abbey II.  Need to re-double that starter. 

Any tips?  I have lots of D2 syrup to use up. 

Well my first ever home brew batch is still in primary fermentation and it's a Cream Stout, I'm looking forward to bottling in about 1 more week!  My second batch kit just came in the mail today and it is a honey brown, should be done in about a month to 6 weeks :)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin  http://homebrewbros.blogspot.com

My next batch will be a cream stout...as soon as I have a carboy free that is. I just started (01/22/2011) a mocha java stout. :)

Revamp...I was going to do an Irish Red but I have re-aligned my next 2 brews. 

1)  Dragon's Tears APA
  2)  Wessex Wyvern ESB

Coconut porter in secondary. Partial
Chocolate Stout in primary. All grain
Brewing a Nut brown this weekend. All grain

Irish red today. 

I'm running out of primary and secondary fermentors :eek:

i'm not quite sure.  After my first adventure with trying something creative, i got mostly good reviews from family, but they said it was too dark and strong for their tastes.  i'm thinking of either a special bitter, an Alt, a brown ale, or an Irish Red for my next attempt, any ideas? also, i'd really appreciate it if anyone could throw in some suggestions on modifications to the standard recipes that would give it a bit extra something to take the flavor profile a step beyond (different malts, yeasts, hops, etc...)

Back