Download the MP3 File – Right Click and Save As to download this mp3 file
Topics in This Week’s Episode (43:43)
- Today my guest is Drew Beechum, the co-author of a new book Homebrew All Stars as well as the book Experimental Homebrewing (both Amazon affiliate links). Drew also co-hosts a new podcast with his co-author Denny Conn at ExperimentalBrew.com – where they have reached episode 26 after about a year of podcasting.
- We discuss the launch of Drew’s new podcast Experimental Brewing on iTunes – which he is co-hosting with Denny Conn.
- The new podcast features experiments in homebrewing along with a mix of other topics.
- Drew talks about his new book Homebrew All Stars where he interviewed and captured the techniques and thoughts from many top home brewers.
- We discuss how they went about interviewing and capturing the information in the book.
- Drew shares some tips he learned from the experts in the book.
- We discuss several of the experiments Drew and Denny covered so far in their new podcast.
- Drew updates us on some of his adventures in Saisons and brewing and provides a few tips on simplicity.
- Drew shares is closing thoughts.
- Thank you to our sponsor Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine for sponsoring this episode. I encourage you to subscribe to their great magazine!
- And also Anvil Brewing Equipment. Anvil is a new line of kettles, burners and accessories from John Blichmann at Blichmann Engineering. They make top quality brewing equipment built to last a lifetime.
- Also check out BeerSmith, BeerSmith Mobile software and the new DVDs John Palmer and I filmed – How to Brew with Malt Extract and How to Brew All Grain are available now. You can subscribe to the BeerSmith newsletter for free to get some great articles on home brewing.
Thanks to Drew Beechum for appearing on the show and also to you for listening!
iTunes Announcements: I launched a new video channel for the BeerSmith podcast on iTunes, so subscribe now! At the moment it will only feature the new widescreen episodes (#75 and up). Older episodes are available on my revamped Youtube channel. Also all of my audio episodes are on iTunes now – so grab the older episodes if you missed any.
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes or BeerSmith Radio
You can listen to all of my podcast episodes streaming live around the clock on our BeerSmith Radio online radio station! You can also subscribe to the audio or video using the iTunes links below, or the feed address
- Audio feed on iTunes – (direct: http://beersmith.com/content/feed/podcast)
- Video feed on iTunes – (direct: http://beersmith.com/tv/category/podcast/feed/ )
- Audio podcast on Google Play here
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (or use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- Experimental Homebrewing with Drew and Denny – BeerSmith Podcast #90
- Beer Recipe Transformers with Drew Beechum – BeerSmith Podcast #103
- Home Brewing Clubs with Drew Beechum – BeerSmith Podcast 36
- Single Malt and Single Hop (SMASH) with Drew Beechum – BeerSmith Podcast #51
- Evaluating Your Beer with Denny Conn – BeerSmith Podcast #102
- Brett and Sour Beer Brewing – BeerSmith Podcast #17
- Multiplying Your Home Brewed Beer – BSHB Podcast #5
- Tasting Beer with Randy Mosher – BeerSmith Podcast #89
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now