This week my guest is “The Homebrew Chef” Sean Z. Paxton. Sean is arguably the most famous beer chef in the world – and has been the chef for the last several National Homebrew Conference banquets. He is also an active author, has a new podcast on cooking with beer and cooks for major beer events around the country.
Download the MP3 File – Right Click and “Save As” to download this mp3 file
Reminder: BeerSmith 2 is Here!
You can grab your free 21 day trial copy of BeerSmith 2 here – and brew better beer the first time! We have the next update coming for it in September as well!
Topics in This Week’s Episode (46:20)
- This week’s guest is Sean Z. Paxton, aka “The Homebrew Chef”. Sean is a full time chef who focuses on beer-food pairings, using beer in food and even making delicious meals that accent and reflect the flavors found in beer. Sean has a website a TheHomebrewChef.com with many of his recipes and also does a monthly podcast called “The Homebrewed Chef” on the Brewing Network.
- Sean talks a bit about how he has carved out a very unique niche as the “go-to” chef for homebrewers and beer lovers.
- He talks about why beer food pairing and cooking with beer is given less attention than pairing and cooking with wine.
- Sean shares his thoughts on beer-food pairing
- We talk about using beer as an ingredient with many foods
- Sean talks about his new monthly podcast “The Homebrewed Chef” on the Brewing Network
- He shares his recipe for “beer brined Turkey”
- We talk about what is meant by beer cuisine – going beyond just using beer in a dish
- Sean discusses using beer brewing ingredients for cooking – such as hops and malt
- We talk about where listeners can learn more about beer cuisine and beer brewing – including Sean’s website (link above)
- Sean talks about how he has been experimenting with using the “water tool” to make water profiles to enhance bread, pizza crust, etc…
Thanks again to Sean Paxton who was kind enough to take time from his very busy schedule to appear on the show!
Thoughts on the Podcast?
Leave me a comment below or visit our discussion forum to leave a comment in the podcast section there.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Great News! We’ve been featured in the New and Notable podcasts on iTunes.
If you are not using iTunes, you can subscribe using this feed:
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and my newsletter (use the links in the sidebar) – to get free weekly articles on home brewing.
Related Beer Brewing Articles from BeerSmith:
- Home Brewing Clubs with Drew Beechum – BeerSmith Podcast 36
- Heretic Brewing with Jamil Zainasheff – BeerSmith Podcast 25
- The Evolution of Home Brew
- All Grain Beer Brewing with Chris Graham – BeerSmith Podcast #63
- Brewing a Lager with Erik Schmid – BeerSmith Podcast #56
- Porter Beer Recipes with Gordon Strong – BeerSmith Podcast 26
- Brewing on a Budget with Chris Graham – BSHB Podcast 19
- Beyond Barley Brewing – BeerSmith Podcast #13
Don't make another bad batch of beer! Give BeerSmith a try - you'll brew your best beer ever.
Download a free 21 day trial of BeerSmith now